Fall 2022 AMC 10 and AMC 12 dates are announced!
- AMC 10A+12A Test Date: November 10, 2022
- AMC 10B+12B Test Date: November 16, 2022
View all the important AMC dates on the MAA Competitions Event Calendar by clicking here.
In the weeks before the exam there is still a lot students can do to maximize their score. Need a review of the AMC 10/12 basics? Check out our “All You Need to Know” post here.
“Sprint” to exam day with 8 Week Prep
Areteem offers 8 week intensive programs to help students prepare before the exam.
- Spots are still left in Areteem’s 8 Week Sprint Courses preparing for the AMC 10 and 12 Exams. Click here for more information.
- The 8 Week Sprint Course for the AMC 10 meets online Wednesdays from 4pm – 6pm Pacific Time starting 9/14.
- The 8 Week Sprint Course for Advanced AMC 10/12 meets online Fridays from 4pm – 6pm Pacific Time starting 9/16.
- Both courses review topics in algebra, geometry, counting & probability, and number theory and practice those topics with past AMC 10/12 problems.
- Weekly homework and Mock AMC 10/12 exams get students comfortable with the exam format and common problem types.
- Both courses feature recordings of previous weeks so it’s never too late to join and catch up! Register today!
Practice with Real AMC 10+12 Problems
In the final weeks before the AMC 10+12 students should focus on practice with old AMC problems to learn their strengths and weaknesses. Students should then review the problems and concepts they have difficulty with before the exam.
- It is recommended students take at least one timed Mock AMC 10 or 12 Exam each week before the exam. Free Mock Exams (with random AMC questions from previous years) are available on the Zoom International Math League (ZIML) site here. Since these exams are timed, they allow students to practice under the time pressure they will face on exam day.
- In addition to Mock Exams, students can review an archive of old AMC 10 and 12 exams. In these archives past exams are available for free practice.
- Want solutions to recent exams? Full solution reviews include video solutions to recent exams. Bundle to save! Video solutions are available for purchase here.
Join the ZIML Online Monthly Contests
ZIML’s Online Monthly Contests allow students to compete against students around the world each monthly during the school year.
- The Junior Varsity division covers material that is similar to the AMC 10/12, so students preparing for the AMC 10/12 can use the upcoming monthly competitions as tune-ups before the AMC 10 and 12 exams.
- The October Online Monthly Contest will be held October 7-9, 2022 and the November Online Monthly Contest will be held November 4-6, 2022. Each contest is one hour, with 20 questions, and can be taken any time during this weekend.
- Full solutions and winners are released after each competition, so students can review problem solving ideas to help with the upcoming AMC exams.
- Learn more and register by clicking here!
Remember: Learning is a Long Term Journey
Do not be discouraged if you are not fully prepared for this year’s exams. Use the next weeks to prepare and then do your best on test day. The exams are meant to be challenging and many students take them multiple times as they get older!
- For long term growth, check our the Math Challenge II-A and Math Challenge II-B textbooks and accompanying live and self-paced courses.
- Areteem’s Math Challenge courses build a strong foundation with key knowledge points in algebra, geometry, combinatorics, and number theory, plus problem solving strategies for difficult questions.