With the publishing of our newest book, Fun Math Problem Solving for Elementary School Volume 2, Areteem has nearly 50 math books published and available for purchase!
Fun Math Problem Solving for Elementary School
More and more parents have asked for programs and resources for students in upper elementary school. Upper elementary school is a time where children are starting to learn and master the basics of arithmetic and can begin expanding their problem solving skills in math. The Fun Math series provides a great way to do so!
With the new Volume 2 book, students build from the knowledge in the first book to explore new concepts and problem solving strategies with divisibility, fractions, decimals, and remainders. Click to view the books in the Areteem Bookstore!
Math Challenge Course Textbooks
Did you know that if you take an Areteem Math Challenge course you’ll be using Areteem’s own textbooks? We are proud to offer both print and eBook options for all the Math Challenge I-A up to Math Challenge III textbooks. Whether you’re taking a live course (click here), a self-paced course (click here), or just want to self-study with a textbook from our bookstore (click here), our course textbooks provide examples (with full solutions) to explain concepts and problem solving strategies plus plenty of practice questions to test what you have learned.
Each Math Challenge level comes with 4 textbooks covering 4 subjects. Textbooks are available for 6 different levels:
- Math Challenge I-A + I-B: Covers problem solving using math skills typically taught in Grades 6-8. Algebra is not necessary. Great way to prepare for AMC 8 and beginning MathCounts.
- Math Challenge I-C: Covers fundamental topics and problem solving using math skills typically taught in Algebra I, Geometry, and Algebra II. Great way to strengthen these skills and prepare for more advanced problem solving.
- Math Challenge II-A: Covers problem solving which expand on math skills from Algebra I, Geometry, and Algebra II. Great way to prepare for AMC 10 and advanced MathCounts.
- Math Challenge II-B: Covers problem solving which expand on high school math skills up to and including Precalculus. Great way to prepare for AMC 12 and advanced MathCounts.
- Math Challenge III: Covers advanced problem solving needed for invitational math competitions such as AIME.
Zoom International Math League Competition Books
Each month during the school year, students compete in one of 5 divisions as part of the Zoom International Math League (ZIML) Monthly Contest at ziml.areteem.org. Problem collections are available to practice with questions from previous years.
Each Competition Book includes all the questions and solutions for the chosen division. Click to view the ZIML Competition Books on our bookstore. These books are a great way to practice problem solving strategies covering a wide range of math topics. The divisions:
- Upper Elementary (Division E): This division focuses on advanced problem solving with mathematical concepts from upper elementary school. Covers material at a level comparable to MOEMS Division E.
- Middle School (Division M): This division focuses on problem solving using math concepts from a standard middle school math curriculum. Covers material on the level of AMC 8 and School/Chapter MathCounts.
- High School (Division H): This division focuses on material from a standard high school curriculum. It covers topics up to and including pre-calculus. This division will serve as excellent practice for students preparing for the math portions of the SAT or ACT.
- Junior Varsity: The second highest competition division. Covers material at the AMC 10/12 level and State/National MathCounts level. Note that material such as complex numbers, advanced trigonometry, and logarithms are not required at this level.
- Varsity: The top division. Covers material on the level of the last 10 questions on the AMC 12 and AIME level.
Middle School Math Curriculum
For expanded concepts, examples, and practice questions, our middle school math curriculum textbooks provide students a great way to learn while solving problems.
These books are available on our bookstore here. For the complete experience also pick up the solution manual which includes solutions to all the practice problems in the book!
Cracking the High School Math Competition
Last but not least, the first book published by Areteem Press in 2016, Cracking the High School Math Competition is a great introductory resource for students beginning to prepare for high school math competitions such as AMC 10+12, AIME, and ZIML Junior Varsity and Varsity. Providing important concepts and practice problems in algebra, geometry, combinatorics, and number theory, this book covers all the main areas needed for success.
The book and solutions manual are available on our bookstore here. If you like the book, a Math Challenge II-A or II-B course is a great next step!Share this post!